Hip Harness Jersey Sleeping Bag
What is a TOG?
TOG stands for Thermal Overall Grade and is a unit of measurement for insulation and warmth of sleepwear and bedding. The lower the TOG rating, the lighter the fabric; the higher the rating, the more padded and insulated it is.
Hip Harness Jersey Sleeping Bag
The Hip Harness Jersey Sleeping Bag has been tested to fit the Pavlik Harness, Denis Browne Brace and Rhino Brace. Please use your child's weight to find the most appropriate and safe size for them. A sleeping bag should be well fitted around the neck and the armholes to avoid your baby slipping through. When on your child, the pouch will have additional length below the harness. This length can be left as is, or rolled up underneath the harness for your child's brace to rest on, if that's comfortable for them. Once your child is out of their hip harness, they can continue to safely use the jersey sleeping bag as their regular sleeping pouch.
|Same as size||000-1y||00-2y|
|Chest width (cm)||30cm||32cm|
|Bottom width (cm)||70cm||78cm|
|Pouch length (cm)||80cm||90cm|
|Child weight (kg)||6-10kg||8-14kg|
|Child height (cm)||62-76cm||68-92cm|
For swaddled newborns and infants who wear a hip harness or brace to treat Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH)
The Hip Harness Jersey Sleeping Bag is for infants and toddlers who are being treated for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH), and are required to wear a special brace (orthosis). Designed for arms-out sleepers (usually from around 4 months of age), the stretchy Jersey Bag and is recommended as baby's 'first sleeping bag' after the swaddling phase is over. The extra wide bell-shaped bottom is approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as being hip-healthy and comfortably fits over a Pavlik Harness, Denis Browne Brace and Rhino Brace. Made from and filled with GOTS-certified organic cotton, that is non-toxic certified and gentle on baby's skin.
The 2.5 TOG Jersey Sleeping Bag is perfect for keeping a child warm overnight in rooms 17-23°C / 63-73°F. The TOG rating means that there is no need for additional blankets in the cot when using this product, making it a safe-sleep option. Parents can be rest assured that the breathable organic fibres will help regulate their child’s temperature and prevent overheating. Parents can follow the FREE room thermometer and What to Wear guide provided with the product, to layer appropriately underneath to keep their child warm. We recommend pairing this pouch with one of our TOG-rated Layers or Bodywear underneath, and Arm Warmers can be added on top of the pouch for extra warmth (all sold separately, we suggest going up a size in Layers to fit over a harness or brace).
The Jersey Sleeping Bag meets all safety standards in Australia and New Zealand and is reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as a skin-friendly product. All ergoPouch fabrics are dyed with non-toxic water based dyes, and come in trend-driven prints and colours to suit any nursery. All our prints are designed in-house.
- GOTS certified organic cotton
- Made & filled with organic cotton
- Breathable Natural Fibres
- Slim-fit and stretchy
- Bell-shaped bottom
- Arms-out sleeping
- TOG-rated for warmth
- Zip enclosure
- Two-way zip
- Certified non-toxic
- No blankets needed
- Machine washable
- Body, Lining & Sleeves: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Filling: 100% Organic Cotton
Size & Care
3-12M: Pouch length 80 cm
To fit: Weight 6-10 kg, Height 62-76 cm
8-24M: Pouch length 90 cm
To fit: Weight 8-14 kg, Height 68-92 cm
HOW TO USE
1. Lay Jersey Bag on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Jersey Bag. Tuck legs/brace into swaddle, and zip up with baby's hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest). The extra length of the pouch can be rolled up underneath the brace, for your child's brace to rest on if thats comfortable for them.
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the pouch to release legs/brace and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
6. The Jersey Bag can continue to be used as a safe sleep option once your baby's harness is no longer required.
Always sleep your baby in a safe-sleep environment.
Gentle cold wash, Low tumble dry, Moderately Hot Iron, Drycleanable, Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment.
Ensure you buy the correct size for your baby's weight, to prevent the Cocoon Swaddle Bag from riding up around your baby's face. See our Size Guide for more information.
Not suitable for use in a 5 point harness.
As this product is made from organic cotton and bamboo and is not treated with chemical fire retardants the following fire label applies.