Introducing, stylish way to keep unwanted light out of your child's room, the Window Blockout. Forget tin foil, plastic bin bags and cut up paper, our Window Blockout will change the game for your home, hotel, grandparents or an Airbnb.
Who is the Window Blockout for?
The reusable static cling Window Blockout is the perfect answer for babies and toddlers who need total darkness in their room to sleep. Now in WHITE on both sides, to fit in seamlessly with your nursery decor. The outer side reflects light away from the room to help regulate the temperature of the room for a more pleasant sleep.
Why total darkness?
Some babies and toddlers may have difficulty sleeping in a room that has light in it, whether during day time naps, or early morning light creeping in the curtains. Blocking out the light during naps can help to:
- Remove visual distraction
From 6 weeks old, your baby will become more social, and begin to find shapes and movement interesting. For perceptive and alert children, sleeping in a room with lots of things to look at may deter them from sleeping. Blocking out light can remove these visual distractions.
- Promote melatonin
The wonderful sleep-regulating hormone melatonin is suppressed by light. Research has shown young ‘childrens eyes let more light in, and are more sensitive to light exposure than adults. Bright lights present around sleep times can be detrimental to helping your child’s body develop a melatonin-secretion rhythm i.e. a ‘body clock’.
- Regulate a ‘body clock’
A ‘body clock’ is important in giving the body signals for when it is time to sleep. For babies who have come out of a constantly-dark womb, research shows we can help them develop their body clock by exposing them to light and dark environments at the appropriate awake/sleep intervals.
Do I have to have them on my windows constantly?
No. You can attach the Window Blockout for sleep, and peel back (or remove) the Blockout during awake times. The Blockout is reusable*, meaning it can be re-adhered for the next sleep time.
*proper storage and maintenance will help prolong the life of the Window Blockout.
Is it safe to have in my baby’s nursery?
Curious babies and toddlers will no doubt try and peel the Blockout off the window, provided they can get their hands on it! The Blockout is non-toxic so it won’t emit harmful odours or affect inquisitive hands.
My baby struggles with sleep on holidays. Can I travel with the Blockout?
A resounding YES! Our most loved feature of the Window Blockout is its portability; super light and compact. An excellent companion to help ease any disruption when your routine is quickly changed. We’ve all been there – the holiday that doesn’t really feel like a holiday because you spend 80% of your time trying to get the little one to sleep, and the other 20% dealing with the aftermath of an overtired baby/toddler!
The Window Blockout features a static cling-film which attaches to the window, similar to how a decal works. It can be folded and transported easily from hotel-to-hotel or destination-to-destination. Plus, the light-reflecting back reflects sunlight away from the window, helping to maintain the temperature of the room no matter where you are.
Why we LOVE the Window Blockout
1. Measure window and cut sheets to appropriate size
2. Simply peel the blind from the storage sheet
3. Affix the top of the white side of the sheet at the desired height and gently attach the rest of the sheet to the window by smoothing gently with your hand. Now to Remove: To remove detach the sheet from the window and fold or roll for storage. Can be reused on another occasion.